There are five formation centers in the Jesuit conference of Africa and Madagascar. The JCAM Virtual Classroom will be an online platform that brings these institutions in collaboration with one another. The Virtual Lecture Room is being setup in each institution. The JCAM Virtual Classroom will be a comprehensive online platform that harnesses the capacities of the existing Virtual Lecture Room. This will allow lecturers of each institution to offer courses in which students from other sister institutions can enroll. It will also allow any Jesuit or Jesuit collaborators to enroll in short courses, executive certificates, diplomas and degrees in any of these institutions. This will eliminate duplication of courses, costs and personnel in all the five institutions while enhancing efficient academic experience for all.
The Five Formation Centers
Arrupe Jesuit University, Zimbabwe
Hekima University College, Kenya
Institute Theologie de la Compagnie de Jesus, Ivory Coast
Loyola University, Congo DR
St. Paul’s/ Magis University, Madagascar
- Online Collaboration: teaching and learning between the faculty members and students
- Sharing of courses: students in any institution can take a course from another institution, Eg. English students from ITCJ, Ivory Coast can take English courses from AJU, Zimbabwe; Theology students who need introduction to philosophy can take it from AJU or Loyola in Congo DR. AJU students who need French language can take it from St. Paul’s in Madagascar, and Overview of Catholic Theology from Hekima.
- JCAM Research Network: faculty members from the five institutions can work together or co-teach a course, co-public their research etc
- E-Resource sharing: each institution subscribes to expensive e-resources. This platform will allow them to share resources and costs with other institutions at reduced costs.
- Hybrid Conferences, Workshops, Seminars: it will allow students and faculty to participate and benefit from such academic events
Certificates and Degrees: Jesuits and lay collaborators working in other related apostolates like Social Centers, High Schools, Spiritual Centers etc could contribute to research, course materials and co-teaching online.